Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You



I have to get this out of my system. I keep hearing this song on my iPod, so it seems to reason that I need to write about it. So here it goes. Back in 1992 a group called Ugly Kid Joe released a single called "Everything About You" and it was a hit in the UK at #3 and #9 for us in the grand ole US. The song also gained popularity by being used in Wayne's World.

When I first heard this song on the radio and only being 10 years old, I thought it to be very annoying, couldn't stand the guys voice and would find the next best station to listen to. Now that I am older I have a better appreciation for the song. I find this song very amusing and a great way to put a smile on my face when I seem to be in the most sourest of moods. I think it reminds me that I can keep a positive attitude and say "to Hell" with everyone else, I am going to be me and keep my head held high. No one can bring me down!

As the voice croons "I hate the rain and sunny weather" I find myself thinking how much I like the rain on a tin roof and sunny weather when I want to be out side, "I hate the beach and mountains too" I think about how much I like being in the woods and hiking mountains that takes our breath away.

Of course since the song has to be edited for radio listeners of all ages, we the listeners do not get to hear the lines omitted for radio release. Unless you went out and got the album with the full length version you will know what I mean.
For those of you who do not know what I am talking about please look at the following lines or skip below if you are not interested or with gentle ears.


'I don't really care about you're sister,
Fuck the little bitch 'cause I already kissed her,
One thing that I did to your old lady,
Was I put her on the bed and she didn't say maybe.'



Don't say I didn't warn you! :) I think everyone needs a perspective song in their life to kick them in the butt or to make them laugh. Remember that life is short and to have fun and when someone irritates the crap out of you, just keep this song handy on your iPod/MP3 player and kill them with kindness and a smile. Like the man sings,
"and I get sick when I'm around, I can't stand to be around, I hate everything about you."

No comments: